[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 14 15:16:58 CET 2005

Michiel,

> I'm confused. What is the problem with 'noting' on the wiki page that
> 3.8.1 does not ship with the latest tt_news. I am willing to bet that
> scores of people like me have upgraded tt_news as global ext. Who am I
> hurting by noting this in the wiki? Isn't that what wiki's are for?

The page will grow more and more with stuff that doesn't belong here. I
wanted to create this page as a quick overview which can be changed even
after everything has been announced.

Your phpMyAdmin notice might be worth to be mentioned there as it seems to
be 3.8.1 specific. However I want to have a closer look at this first.
Didn't make any changes except one line, and actually it was the same only
difference that was also changed in the version before.

> If I upgrade my install it will break my news. I know I
> should be conscious of the modules I upgrade. But it strikes me as a
> little strange that upgrading my install should break the news on all my
> sites.
>
> I think this is worth noting at least. People should not have to 'search
> the archives' to find out why this occurs. It should at least be
> clearly stated somewhere that the new install does not ship with the
> latest version of tt_news.

This was the same for 3.8.0 already. Since you once installed 3.8.0 and
manually had to overwrite tt_news in the source (since you placed it in
typo3/ext/ you should be a aware that it is quite logical that you need to
repeat this stop now.

It would have been much easier if you simply installed the extension locally
(typo3conf/ext/), then nothing would have changed for you.

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out