[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Michiel Roos typo3 at monosock.org
Mon Nov 14 14:23:18 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:02:07 +0100, Michael Stucki wrote:

> And now I've deleted it. Please be sure you know what you're doing before
> you edit such pages! I just asked the Wiki admin if I can protect it for
> further editing.

Michael,

I'm confused. What is the problem with 'noting' on the wiki page that
3.8.1 does not ship with the latest tt_news. I am willing to bet that
scores of people like me have upgraded tt_news as global ext. Who am I
hurting by noting this in the wiki? Isn't that what wiki's are for?

If I upgrade my install it will break my news. I know I
should be conscious of the modules I upgrade. But it strikes me as a
little strange that upgrading my install should break the news on all my
sites.

I think this is worth noting at least. People should not have to 'search
the archives' to find out why this occurs. It should at least be
clearly stated somewhere that the new install does not ship with the
latest version of tt_news.

If this is all done for backwards compatibility or some other reason,
please make this clear somewhere. Isn't this a reasonable request?

I think it is possible to protect the page
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Protect).

Cheers,

Michiel