[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Michiel Roos typo3 at monosock.org
Mon Nov 14 15:35:52 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:16:58 +0100, Michael Stucki wrote:

> Your phpMyAdmin notice might be worth to be mentioned there as it seems to
> be 3.8.1 specific. However I want to have a closer look at this first.
> Didn't make any changes except one line, and actually it was the same only
> difference that was also changed in the version before.

This appears to have been fixed in 0.2.0 which was just put out a couple
of minutes ago.

> This was the same for 3.8.0 already. Since you once installed 3.8.0 and
> manually had to overwrite tt_news in the source (since you placed it in
> typo3/ext/ you should be a aware that it is quite logical that you need to
> repeat this stop now.
I already noted that, I know I should be aware of that.

> It would have been much easier if you simply installed the extension locally
> (typo3conf/ext/), then nothing would have changed for you.
I fully agree.

But I still think it is worth noting so 'morons' (;-) like me will
(superfluously) be tipped off in advance of the upgrade.

I can't be the only one out there that thought; "hey, why is there this
option in config that let's you install extensions globally? Why should I
have two instances of tt_news, will it not be cleaner to have one? Ohwkay,
I'll just update the global one." I'm not the only one testing shy and
unstable code?

But then again, maybe I am . . .

Maybe you can consider noting something like; Beware that installing a
new version will overwrite all globally installed modules (which you may
have updated).

Cheers,

Michiel Roos