[Typo3-dev] Show name of database at login

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Nov 5 11:49:43 CET 2005

David Bruehlmeier schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Do you really need the info so prominently placed? How about just
>> adding the info to BE welcome screens for admins? Then you wouldn't
>> need any extra config vars.
>
> I don't see the BE welcome screen as an alternative, because when I see
> the screen, I'm already logged in (and maybe on the wrong database).
> Which means, I must logout again, change the DB, and log in again.
> That's why I proposed to display the DB-name right at the login screen.

I see.

>> But what happens when you use DBAL? There's a lot of DB config
>> possible, so you don't have just one DB.
>
> I'm not sure how you can use DBAL to connect to multiple DB's, but I'm
> not a professional. If you say this is an issue, I agree that my
> proposed solution is not a good idea.

With DBAL you can assign each table to a different DB if you really
like. THe most likely setup is one main DB for most of the tables, and
one or two extra DBs for special needs (eg fe_users, tt_address or some
other extension specific tables).

Perhaps with DBAL the first configured DB can be shown at login.

Masi