[Typo3-dev] Show name of database at login

David Bruehlmeier typo3 at bruehlmeier.com
Fri Nov 4 22:35:12 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Do you really need the info so prominently placed? How about just adding
> the info to BE welcome screens for admins? Then you wouldn't need any
> extra config vars.
I don't see the BE welcome screen as an alternative, because when I see
the screen, I'm already logged in (and maybe on the wrong database).
Which means, I must logout again, change the DB, and log in again.
That's why I proposed to display the DB-name right at the login screen.

> But what happens when you use DBAL? There's a lot of DB config possible,
> so you don't have just one DB.
I'm not sure how you can use DBAL to connect to multiple DB's, but I'm
not a professional. If you say this is an issue, I agree that my
proposed solution is not a good idea.

- Dave