[Typo3-dev] Problem getting direct mail subscription XHTML compliant

Jochen Weiland jweiland_ at _jweiland.net
Sun May 22 10:14:17 CEST 2005

After I have inserted the form for newsletter subscription to one of my
sites, it no longers passes the XHTML compliance test.

The general problem seems to be, that the code from the newsletter admin
script is not passed through tidy for xhtml cleaning like the rest of
the document, so that the line

<form name="tt_address_form" method="post" action="index.php?id=368&type=0">

is not changed to

<form name="tt_address_form" method="post"
action="index.php?id=368&amp;type=0">

(The problem for the compliance test is the & before type=0 not being
replaced by &amp;)

Also I am wondering why the type=0 is added anyway, on other
installations the ###FORM_URL### parameter is replaced by:

action="index.php?id=368"

So, if I could get rid of the type=0 parameter then the page should pass
again.

Any ideas?

Regards
Jochen