[Typo3-dev] Caching mechanism: FE-user logged or not

Koen Tilley k.tilley at semaforce.be
Mon May 16 17:29:43 CEST 2005

Hello list,

I have been searching documentation and archives for quite some time, but
can't find an answer.

I try to use the extension "DAM_downloadlist" for displaying documents from
the DAM in the Frontend.
It worked fine, until I defined a restricted area with FE-users logging on.

Now I seem to have a caching problem.
When I visualise a page that contains the DAM plugin without being logged in
as a FE user, I see the documents. When I log in as a FE-user and go back to
that same public page, the documents have disappeared.

When I first go to the page as a logged user and then as a non-logged user,
it's the other way around.

I seem to find 2 cached versions of that page in Cache_pages (one with and
one without the documents).

Does that phenomenon ring a bell for someone?
Any tips on how to solve this?

I am using TYPO3 3.7.0 with Templavoila.

I have the impression that the pi1 code of the extension is not executed the
second time (although the page is being cached)

It was my intention to help Davide Principi (the developer of the extension)
to further develop his extension.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Koen

Koen Tilley