[Typo3-dev] Templavoila several things

Chris Wittmann [SwiftLizard] chris at swift-lizard.com
Mon May 16 16:02:20 CEST 2005

Hi Sebastian & Michael,

no it is not exactly like our known FE - Editing,
to change a record in Typo3 you´ll have to click the pencil,
then you will get the RTE a the end of the page or in a popup,..
in contenido you can click right in the TEXT and edit it without the
functionality of an rte just plain text,... (our known is like the
choice witch one you wold like to edit, click the icon and get an Input
field or Textarea with or without RTE somewhere on the page or in a
popup, the contenido (and also imperia as far as i know) way is just to
edit a page like it is a lets say word document,.. no popup no other
iputfield just right into the text at the page, no pencil, nothing,...
those two links you saw on the Screenshot where aditional posibilitys
you got there so at contenido you got:

1. Edit the Text directly in the page like the page is a Word - Document
    or stuff like that
2. Edit the records text in a seperate inputfield (RTE, Plaintext,...)
    the same like our known pencil functionality
3. Save the changes you made directly in the page.

This is the difference. At Contenido editorial journalists got the
posibility to edit text- elemnts on a page like they would do in a
Word or openOffice Document, just by clicking in the text or marking
and replacing the text on the page. They got Insite - Editing and
FE- Editing, there is a difference between those to options.

It is like we got one more step.

FE -Editing:

1. View document
2. Decide where you want to change something
3. click the edit Icon at the records bottom
4. Get the Inputfield or Textarea with / without  RTE at the bottom
    of the page, or in a popup
5. Edit the Text
6. Save and view on the page

Insite - Editing:
1. View document
2. Decide where you want to change Text
3. click right where you want to change, and type in your text,
    or make your changes.
4. click save, to save your changes.

It ist like we would provide one more option to editorial journalists.
That way the pencil is only needed if one realy needs the RTE for his or
her changes, ohterwise the only thing to do is to click save in FE after
done changes.

Correct me if i am wrong but at typo3 we got the pencil icon and by
clicking the icon we got an e.g. a RTE to change the text. At Contenido
you only have to click the Icon if you need the RTE or other options,
but not for changing any plaintext.

This was what i meant.

@michael: Sorry for sending the attachment, my fault, you´re right
	  link would have been better...

	  I know that the TV Bugs are not urgent at the moment because
  	  of the release of Typo3.8, I just didn´t know where else to
	  mention those bugs and get a feedback,..

	  further more I don´t know if it is a TV or a core Bug that
	  FE -editing with TV (editpanel functionality) does not
	  realy work at the moment, to my mind I would say it is a bug
	  of both. Correct me if i am wrong, i am not that deep into the
	  core development.

	  By the way where should one post feature request of TV in
  	  future? Am I right at the Dev list, or should I mail my ideas
	  to Robert and Kasper ? What would be the best way ?

thanks alot for your patience

Chris