[Typo3-dev] Distributing TemplateVoil,a Templates as extensions

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Jun 18 17:02:24 CEST 2005

> What you mean with TV has problems is more the problem that you haven't
> understood
> how TV works. I never heard from somebody before that he tried to mix
> traditional
> MTB and FTB ... and this approach leds you to the opinion that TV is
> "broken".

It seems that I have discussed with you in another topicis - it still
has the shared content problem.

> In MTB you had different main templates which defined the "surroundings"
> of your site
> (where the menus and news are etc.) and a sub-template which defined how
> the content
> area on which the editor mainly works looks like ...
> Now TV just goes an different approach ... It let's you first select how
> many and how configured
> fields (Content Areas) you want by selecting the DS ... that's mostly
> similar to selecting the
> sub-template ... afterwards you have to select the TO in TV which
> defines how the site looks like
> (the TO maps the fields defined in the DS to the HTML template) ... so
> this can get compared
> to selecting the main-template.

Well I must then put PLACES for all alternatives to the main template?
Table or tables, which have different kinds of rows.
Well then the content are must include all the possibilities,
which are in MTB as separate files?
At this way I can make different kind of contents - the file just
has UNNECESSARY tables, table rows and cells.
NOT very reasonable but works anyway at this way.
Different alternatives are relative easy to select from a SELECT-menu.
Maybe it is possible to make them icons like in MTB.

Irritating in the new TV is than trying to make a new field, I must make
a NEW record. The is not 'make a new field' field a the documentation
for TV explains. Why. I order to avoid making a new record I edited the
XML-record directly.

> has been switched ... And another advantage of TV is that you just see
> those Content-Areas which are
> really valid for this DS.

I have always set mod.shared.colPos that there is NEWER unnecessary
columns when you are in the columns or language view.
Endeed when you edit a content element, the SELECT-menu list all
possible columns - it is irritating that it doesn't take account the
mod.shared.colPos definition. BUT in general this not a problem in MTB.