[Typo3-dev] Distributing TemplateVoil,a Templates as extensions

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jun 18 23:34:55 CEST 2005

tapio wrote:

> Irritating in the new TV is than trying to make a new field, I must make
> a NEW record. The is not 'make a new field' field a the documentation
> for TV explains. Why. I order to avoid making a new record I edited the
> XML-record directly.

You mean when you edit an already existing DS/TO that you need to save it
to a new DS/TO ... that's not true. you can choose to save it "over" an existing
one with the lower select boxes when saving the mapped structure ...

or if you even haven't found out: you don't always need to click on the file
to do the mapping .. you can also click on the TO record and select TemplaVoila
from its context-menu ...

you should read FTB 1 or 2 times more ... and this time carefully ...

And when you complain about that you have to make a single html template for
each DS/TO combination then you should read what I have written in my other
posting more carefully and watch the screenshot again ...
the "Left/Right" Area is a CONTENT ELEMENT ... like Text or Text w. Image.

So you just change the way you select your Content Area Template:
Before you went to the Page header and selected it there ...
now you insert a content element and you have the different design.

if you are worried about the nested tables just use div's

greets,
Bernhard