[Typo3-dev] Distributing TemplateVoil,a Templates as extensions

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jun 18 12:32:29 CEST 2005

tapio wrote:

> BUT I found serious problems with TemplaVoila (I'm Tapio Markula)

Don't repost. Wait till you other post get's answered. If you look you
will see it is already.

TV has NO serious problems. It has some (pherhaps some serious when it comes
about languages) but most of them are NOT serious and are fixable with a patch.

What you mean with TV has problems is more the problem that you haven't understood
how TV works. I never heard from somebody before that he tried to mix traditional
MTB and FTB ... and this approach leds you to the opinion that TV is "broken".

Let me also say that in my opinion there is NO problem with the different method of
selecting Templates ....
In MTB you had different main templates which defined the "surroundings" of your site
(where the menus and news are etc.) and a sub-template which defined how the content
area on which the editor mainly works looks like ...
Now TV just goes an different approach ... It let's you first select how many and how configured
fields (Content Areas) you want by selecting the DS ... that's mostly similar to selecting the
sub-template ... afterwards you have to select the TO in TV which defines how the site looks like
(the TO maps the fields defined in the DS to the HTML template) ... so this can get compared
to selecting the main-template.

You see that MTB and FTB is not so different except that the selection of Content-Areas and Design
has been switched ... And another advantage of TV is that you just see those Content-Areas which are
really valid for this DS. In MTB you always had as many fields as were configured via TSConfig mod.shared.colPos

greets,
Bernhard
The advocacy of TV :)