[Typo3-dev] Shared contents and several content area templates with TemplaVoila?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jun 18 12:23:30 CEST 2005

tapio wrote:
> Hi - I'm Tapio Markula
>
> SEVERAL MAIN TEMPLATES >< SEVERAL CONTENT AREA TEMPLATES
>
> I tried to follow - too old - documentation about TV.
> Well I got it work at the same way as my extended MTB - even shared
> content works - using the normal page module.
> I just changed all temp.something into lib.something.
> Content area templates are selected using the selector for MTB.

Well .. combining TV and MTB isn't really the intention of Robert when
he developed TV I guess ...

TV is even better than MTB ... you can define which content should be
two/three or however designe on a per-content-element level ... that
means you don't select ONE "column" design for the whole page but rather
have the possibility to have the first 2 content elements appear left/right
of each other and the third Content element below of those two ...
you can achive such things by using FCE (Flexible Content Elements).
See the "old" but NOT outdated documentationt FTB ...

An example of what cen get achived is here :
http://www.think-open.org/kraftb/fce.png
And below of those two a third could get inserted int the "normal" content column ...

greets,
Bernhard