[Typo3-dev] Shared contents and several content area templates with TemplaVoila?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Jun 18 16:28:57 CEST 2005

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> tapio wrote:
>
>> Hi - I'm Tapio Markula
>>
>> SEVERAL MAIN TEMPLATES >< SEVERAL CONTENT AREA TEMPLATES
>>
>> I tried to follow - too old - documentation about TV.
>> Well I got it work at the same way as my extended MTB - even shared
>> content works - using the normal page module.
>> I just changed all temp.something into lib.something.
>> Content area templates are selected using the selector for MTB.

> TV is even better than MTB ... you can define which content should be
> two/three or however designe on a per-content-element level ... that
> means you don't select ONE "column" design for the whole page but rather
> have the possibility to have the first 2 content elements appear left/right
> of each other and the third Content element below of those two ...

I have made those with MTB using a content are template, which has
markup for LEFT, RIGHT, NORMAL "columns". I have 10-20 different version
  of content area templates.

> you can achive such things by using FCE (Flexible Content Elements).

But how difficult it is a user of typo3, who has no experience of using
CMS - who is a newbee using CMS.
The basic page view seems relative simple at least the user don't need
to select a different "column" setting (it would be better to write
about content areas).
If the customer needs only only layot, TV even deserves a "LITE" version
of Typo3.
Selecting alternative content area set should NOT make CMS too difficult
to use - at least selecting different content are alternatives using TV
snould NOT be more difficult than selecting with the template selector a
different content area template.
Designing alternatives should not eiher be much more difficult than
creating alternative content area templates using MTB.

> See the "old" but NOT outdated documentationt FTB ...

Well the problem was that I didn't figured how to use several "columns"
with TV without making a new main table. I don't like to use many main
tables, because they have some common functionality, which would be
unnecessary to repeat. And main templates are site-depending. Content
are templates can be used in any site - they can be cycled.

> An example of what cen get achived is here :
> http://www.think-open.org/kraftb/fce.png

> And below of those two a third could get inserted int the "normal"
> content column ...

When I created two column layout Typo really put them to the content
column "NORMAL".

BUT even if I would get learn to make flexible content elements (which I
can't now do), which would correspond content area templates of MTB I
have still a problem.>

 > Well .. combining TV and MTB isn't really the intention of Robert when
 > he developed TV I guess ...

Well then Robert didn't think about shared contents!

I can do SHARED contents using MTB. When I put for example into pid 41
content to the LEFT column, it is in ALL pages on the left BELOW
the normal content to the column LEFT.
I would like to use shared contents - that's why I would like to combine
TV and MTB. TV could create the main content and MTB the shared content.
Because shared content looks the same in all pages it doesn't need as
flexible definitions than TV can offer.
Footer, header and shared links, which the customer can define would be
natural way shared contents. I really made for a customer site, which
use shared contents. I have modified CSS Styled Content support shared
contents, but the shared contents works with MTB, because it base on
"columns" (I have for example column number 5 - footer).

But I don't find a way to combine them.
It seems that I can use TV only for customers, who want LITE version -
then I use more flexible system by using advanced MTB (added columns and
shared column support).

'th_specialements' offers for ordinary content alternative layouts.
Because it doesn't have an own button it is a little bit slow to use.

Tapio Markula