[Typo3-dev] Shared contents and several content area templates with TemplaVoila?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Jun 18 11:27:57 CEST 2005

Hi - I'm Tapio Markula

SEVERAL MAIN TEMPLATES >< SEVERAL CONTENT AREA TEMPLATES

I tried to follow - too old - documentation about TV.
Well I got it work at the same way as my extended MTB - even shared
content works - using the normal page module.
I just changed all temp.something into lib.something.
Content area templates are selected using the selector for MTB.

BUT
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_ftb1/Creating_a_two_colum/

Learns to use several MAIN templates - I don't like this approach at
all.

I want to use just ONE main template (I would control main template
only by CSS or using the Advanced Banner Manager).

I want different layout for  second level content area templates using
multiple of them and use possible some different color schemes. If this
is not possible I would not ever use TV in any project.

SHARED CONTENTS

I made possible to use shared contents with Modern Template Building.
I modified setup.txt and constant.txt for CSS styled Contents on
the base of the plugin 'HTML/CSS Styling'.

I didn't get shared content to work with TV except just using MTB
with TV - that means only replacing 'temp.' with '.lib'. But TV doesn't
work really as TV in that mode - it just works like MTB.

COMBINE TV AND MTB

I tried to combine TV and MTB in order to get shared contents - failed.
Is there possibility to combine MTB and TV - now the work separetely.

I would like to learn TV because the page module seems clearer than
the normal page module.