[Typo3-dev] TemplaVoila: template object depending on language (L-variable)?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Jun 17 10:05:04 CEST 2005

Hello!

I have a template with a number of "static" (i.e. non-changing) labels
in it (like copyright, headings for menu, counters, contact information,
etc). I know how to make a multilingual site, how to create content
elements in various languages. But how do I select another template
object for the page in alternate language to have those static block in
the correct language? DS is the same (because layoyut is the same), only
TO should change automatically.

Example:

--templ_eng.html, L=0--
Menu <!-- this line is static, language=EN -->
--/templ_eng.html, L=0--

--templ_lv.html, L=1--
Izvēlne <!-- this line is static, language=LV -->
--/templ_lv.html, L=1--

--templ_ru.html, L=2--
Меню <!-- this line is static, language=RU -->
--/templ_ru.html, L=2--

I am using TV 0.3 + typo3 3.7.0 if it means anything...

It does seem possible to have various TOs depending on language :( Will
I have to change all static labels to TV elements and handle them with
TS? :(

Dmitry.