AW: AW: [Typo3-dev] Can you include an Java application in typo3?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Jun 16 10:33:41 CEST 2005

Hi!

XML-RPC is very simple (and by default included to php5) but I would
made a PHP wrapper around Java using java access functions (built-in to
php). This is my personal preference. I feel (in the Force? :)) that
performance will be much better than using SOAP and other complex
technologies. Most of these technologies do require serious power from
servers to ensure adequate processing speed. XML-RPC is probably the
lightest and fastest XML technology that you can use.

Actually, it is very hard to say how you can connect Java to PHP/typo3
without knowing at least approximately what you want to get at the end.
Do you paln to have a portal with some services provided by Java
applications? Will these application serve web output? If no, XML-RPC or
php wrapper would be the easiest, the most natural and the best from
performance point of view. If you have to produce HTML in java
applications, than I would keep java applications as is and have
links/forms to the on the typo3-based site.

Dmitry.