[Typo3-dev] Distributing TemplateVoil, a Templates as extensions

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Jun 10 23:48:16 CEST 2005

One alternative to template extensions that I've been considering is
using the updated Import/Export wizard in 3.8 to save TemplaVoila
templates as T3D or XML files.  From my initial attempts at it, it seems
to work pretty well.

One thing to note is that you'll need the latest version of TemplaVoila
from CVS for it to work.  In CVS, an extra line has been added to the
TCA to indicate that there is a soft reference from a Template Object to
a template file on the file system. Without this reference, template
resources (HTML, CSS, images, etc) are not included in the export.

Hope that helps...

Jeff