[Typo3-dev] Distributing TemplateVoil,a Templates as extensions

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jun 16 17:13:27 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

Stephane Schitter wrote:

> I asked about the same question a while ago [1] and the answer I got
> from Kasper
> is that Template Object cannot and will never be meant to be included in
> an extension.
>
> Now I do not know if that means that TemplaVoila templates cannot be built
> as extensions, similar to standard templates, but I see it having a strong
> dependency on being able to package a TO within an ext.

But we'll have to make that possible ... because my idea is to deliver all
traditional content types (text, text w/image, etc.) as flexible content
elements with TemplaVoila. That means you will only work with FCEs and can
drop lots of fields in tt_content.

I'll have to find a way of implementing that for TemplaVoila 1.0 which is on
the roadmap for TYPO3 4.0.

--
robert