[Typo3-dev] default content elements copy and [Translate to:] - TCEMAIN.default.disablePrefixLangTitle =1 ?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 10 11:50:49 CEST 2005

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/quot_CONFIG_quot/
>> -> sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank
>>
>> It's not a bug, it's a feature!
>
> In deed the option is there but unfortunately it does not work for me
> :(
>

> Then after re-reading I doubt if softMergeIfNotBlank will do the job
> with removing unwanted [Translate to:]. softMergeIfNotBlank is done
> rather for something other than this - it affects the way of
> translation but rather in FE and not in BE.
>
> Or am I wrong and someone got it working?

Sorry - seems I misunderstood the problem ...
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/columns_fieldnam

mergeIfNotBlank -> Field will be editable but if the field value is blank
the value from the default translation is used (this can be very useful for
images shared from the default record). Requires frontend support. In the
backend the effect is that the field content is _not copied_ when a new
"localization copy" is made.

I thought if the content was not copied, you would not have a prefix too.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau