[Typo3-dev] default content elements copy and [Translate to:] - TCEMAIN.default.disablePrefixLangTitle =1 ?

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Fri Jun 10 13:08:25 CEST 2005

>>Then after re-reading I doubt if softMergeIfNotBlank will do the job
>>with removing unwanted [Translate to:]. softMergeIfNotBlank is done
>>rather for something other than this - it affects the way of
>>translation but rather in FE and not in BE.
>>
>>Or am I wrong and someone got it working?
>

> Sorry - seems I misunderstood the problem ...
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/columns_fieldnam
>
> mergeIfNotBlank -> Field will be editable but if the field value is blank
> the value from the default translation is used (this can be very useful for
> images shared from the default record). Requires frontend support. In the
> backend the effect is that the field content is _not copied_ when a new
> "localization copy" is made.

Tnx for your answer JoH!

But after creating ext and setting:
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['header']['l10n_mode']= "mergeIfNotBlank";
nothing was copied to translation header. All headers are blank in
translation even those that was not empty in default lang.
Well - this is how docs say: "In the backend the effect is that the
field content is _not copied_ when a new "localization copy" is made."

So
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['header']['l10n_mode']="mergeIfNotBlank";
will not work here either!

Is there a way to get rid of "Translate to" beign copied to header of
tables and pictures?

The easiest way is to hack the source but I would not like to do it :)

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz