[Typo3-dev] Roadmap

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Wed Jun 8 11:03:49 CEST 2005

"Didier Gehéniau" <didier.geheniau at feas.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.2437.1118220266.19958.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> - possibility to use one user entry as backend and frontend user;

There we are again :-)

> - recursive groups (default and not through an extension and the same
> implemented for backend and frontend groups);

Hm, not sure if the extension is not enough. Recursive groups have some
implications: eg to make group TS conditions work (and group based caching)
the recursion must be resolved in the in-memory copy of the user record

> - groupmemberships stored in grouprecord and optional in userrecord;

Yes, but the other way round. The group record must be optional

>- ldap integration (is an extension but I think it belongs with the core so
> the future development should be described in the roadmap):

No, TYPO3 has now a pluggable, stackable authentication system which may be
enhanced, but specific authetication methods must IHMO not be integrated
into the core itself. The ldap authetication could (after some rework)
become a system extension. But honetsly I think downloadign from TER is good
enough.

Masi