[Typo3-dev] Roadmap

Didier Gehéniau didier.geheniau at feas.net
Thu Jun 9 23:25:54 CEST 2005

Yep I know.

> > - recursive groups (default and not through an extension
> and the same
> > implemented for backend and frontend groups);
>
> Hm, not sure if the extension is not enough. Recursive groups
> have some
> implications: eg to make group TS conditions work (and group
> based caching)
> the recursion must be resolved in the in-memory copy of the
> user record

The extension is not enoug because it conflicts with other extensions like
the ldap extension!

> > - groupmemberships stored in grouprecord and optional in userrecord;
>
> Yes, but the other way round. The group record must be optional

Nope, default in all rfc's that I know it is in the group record. Some rfc's
also do it in the user record (like ads and novel but they also store it in
de group record). So to keep it general groupmembership should be default in
groups and if you want you can do it also default in the userrecord but
never optional in the group record.

> >- ldap integration (is an extension but I think it belongs with the
> >core so  the future development should be described in the roadmap):
>
> No, TYPO3 has now a pluggable, stackable authentication
> system which may be
> enhanced, but specific authetication methods must IHMO not be
> integrated
> into the core itself. The ldap authetication could (after
> some rework)
> become a system extension. But honetsly I think downloadign
> from TER is good
> enough.

Lets discuse the rework, do it and make it a system extension, I think it's
to importend not to!