[Typo3-dev] Help needed with Backend-Programming for Book Database

Mario Birkigt mario at mario-birkigt.de
Tue Jun 7 17:23:53 CEST 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] schrieb:
> Mario Birkigt wrote:
>
>> I'm not shure if this really fits my needs. With this solution I can
>> fill values with Javascript, but i would need a submitbutton, which
>> should do a post to $PHP_SELF and after this post i would retrieve the
>> needed values from amazon and build the form with the retrieved values
>> filled in. I will continue to try figuring out a solution for this.
>

> If I got you right you want to retrieve information from amazon (XML)
> and fill out values in the BE form.
> This is basically what wizards are there for.
> You fill a field in the wizard and then write it back to your form.
> bang - there you go

Hello Mathias,

you're right, except that i retrieve the html-page from amazon and parse
it with regular expressions.
Ok, now i know, that i'm on the right way. I haven't figured out yet,
how to interact with the tceform, how to start the needed action and how
to fill in the values. Perhaps i'm too dumb for it.

bang - there i'm gone