[Typo3-dev] Extension only works, when logged into backend

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Fri Jul 29 17:18:20 CEST 2005

Hello Jeppe,

>> is the content-element restricted to a several usergroup?
>>
>> Is it hidden and do you have the admin-panel configured so that you
>> can see hidden elements?
>

> I haven't made any restrictions on the content-element. And it's not a
> hidden element.
>
> I try as much as I can to use the build-in "typo3-functions" but I find
> it hard to get an overview of all of them.

Get the Extension "Extension Development Evaluator" (extdeveval). It's a
must for any TYPO3-Developer.

After installing, refresh your frameset and you'll see some items in the
top Nav Frame. Klick on it and it'll open a new window, where you can
browse the API-Documentation.

Most important for frontend-plugin development is pibase, DB and div.

> Maybe I should tell some more about the problem I have.
>
> I have no problem at all, when I'm logged into the backend in another
> windows - logged into the backend in the same browser-session, but when
> i'm not, it doesn't work:
>
> I feels like the $content variable can not change no matter what I do. I
> can see, that the POST request is send, because the browser tells me so,
> when i try to refresh, but nothing is done. I even cannot se the
> contents of $_POST or t3lib_div::_POST(). Even if i try to output it
> with echo() nothing is done.

Sorry, I've got little time for concentrating on this, but try this:

Insert this code into your main method

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache();

BTW: If you want to go straight with the TYPO3-Codingguidelines, you
should consider this in your code:

- Use single-quotes.
$content .= "<form method=\"POST\" action=\"index.php?id=5498&type=1\">\n";

-  if (x = y)) {

Have a look at

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_cgl/

Hope that helps a bit!