[Typo3-dev] Extension only works, when logged into backend

Jeppe Stampe mail at jstampe.dk
Fri Jul 29 14:05:35 CEST 2005

Christian Trabold wrote:
> Hi Jeppe,
>
>> I've made an extension, which creates a list of frontend users from a
>> selected group. It is my first extension ever, so i'm not sure about
>> the use of the build-in typo3 functions and other things.
>>
>> My problem is, that extension only works, when i'm logged into the
>> backend. I discovered the problem pretty late in the process, because
>> i was logged into the backend all the time..
>>
>> I have no idea what causes this problem?
>>
>> The source is availible here: http://jstampe.dk/extension_source.phps
>> The comments is in Danish, but i hope you'll figure it out.
>>
>> I could use any comment on my extension, cause i'm very new to typo3
>> development..
>

> is the content-element restricted to a several usergroup?
>
> Is it hidden and do you have the admin-panel configured so that you can
> see hidden elements?

I haven't made any restrictions on the content-element. And it's not a
hidden element.

> And do yourself a favor and use DBAL-Functions for Database-Calls [1].
>
> mysql_num_rows => $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_num_rows($res);

I try as much as I can to use the build-in "typo3-functions" but I find
it hard to get an overview of all of them.

> Regards,
>
> Christian
>

> [1]
> http://ben.vantende.net/no_cache/office-import/dbal/?tx_rlmpofficeimport_pi1%5BshowPage%5D=4

Maybe I should tell some more about the problem I have.

I have no problem at all, when I'm logged into the backend in another
windows - logged into the backend in the same browser-session, but when
i'm not, it doesn't work:

I feels like the $content variable can not change no matter what I do. I
can see, that the POST request is send, because the browser tells me so,
when i try to refresh, but nothing is done. I even cannot se the
contents of $_POST or t3lib_div::_POST(). Even if i try to output it
with echo() nothing is done.

Jeppe