[Typo3-dev] Loading TCA

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Jan 31 18:53:26 CET 2005

Kraft Bernhard wrote:
> yes, you're correct. it's called clean_files as it doesn't just clean pix.

sorry, messed this one up with cleanPix, hope you don't take offense.

> i thought about going through all paths in "uploads/" and deleting every
> file which directory doesn't get registered trough TCA. But I came to the
> conclusion that this would be a little bit restrictive as every picture of
> content from extensions gets deleted when the extension is removed.
> but you will surely know that the records stay intact when an extension
> gets removed - they don't even get marked deleted.

yeah, I know. I hate it :)

> So I thought it would be the best thing to don't touch those
> records/images.

Little scenario:
I have a standard typo3 install where all little sites are in.
After some time one of the clients moves out of that typo3 into his own
typo3 install.
Now I copy the typo3 install, delete all the other sites (t3d doesn't
work for certain project sizes) and now I want to clean up the uploads dir.

Maybe we can make this configurable.
like "clean save" or "clean mom's way"

:)