[Typo3-dev] Loading TCA

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Mon Jan 31 16:58:03 CET 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:

> tip:
> What if you removed an extension?
> The tables are still there and if you only loop through TCA you will
> never find orphans from these tables.
>
> I figure we are talking abount the cleanPix thingy.

yes, you're correct. it's called clean_files as it doesn't just clean pix.

i thought about going through all paths in "uploads/" and deleting every
file which directory doesn't get registered trough TCA. But I came to the
conclusion that this would be a little bit restrictive as every picture of
content from extensions gets deleted when the extension is removed.
but you will surely know that the records stay intact when an extension gets
removed - they don't even get marked deleted.
So I thought it would be the best thing to don't touch those records/images.

greets,
Bernhard