[Typo3-dev] Loading TCA

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Mon Jan 31 19:02:21 CET 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:

> [...] hope you don't take offense.

of course not. I took the cleanPix extension as basis of my extension.

 >> every
>> file which directory doesn't get registered trough TCA. But I came to the
>> conclusion that this would be a little bit restrictive as every
>> picture of
>> content from extensions gets deleted when the extension is removed.
>> but you will surely know that the records stay intact when an
>> extension gets removed - they don't even get marked deleted.
>

> yeah, I know. I hate it :)

I find that behavour more "secure" than deleting everything associated with an
extension when removing it. Think of removing an extension just for testing purposes
how everything runs without it.

> Little scenario:
> I have a standard typo3 install where all little sites are in.
> After some time one of the clients moves out of that typo3 into his own
> typo3 install.
> Now I copy the typo3 install, delete all the other sites (t3d doesn't
> work for certain project sizes) and now I want to clean up the uploads dir.
>
> Maybe we can make this configurable.
> like "clean save" or "clean mom's way"

The extension has already two levels of how to delete files.
Files where no record refers to (safe)
Files where only deleted records refer to (unsafe)
if you delete with the second mode then delted records will loose their images.
so if you restore them (undelete) the images will be gone.

I would have to make a third kind of possibilty: Files which arent used by any
extension.

greets,
Bernhard