[Typo3-dev] Porting mediaWiki to TYPO3?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Wed Jan 26 17:56:07 CET 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:

> We started a new extension called "timtaw" which lets you enable a wiki for
> one or several pages. The main difference between the existing wiki
> extensions and the new one is, that we don't use special wiki records in a
> sysfolder but rather normal pages and real content elements.

Sounds interesting.

What kind of content elements do you allow on those pages? All, some or
only a special wiki element? Recently we had a discussion on the list
about a wiki style RTE, though for BE.

In this context I see (for the first time) some value in a wiki RTE.

Just an idea:

How about making an extension that contains a wiki I/O lib, and a
content element for BE and FE editing. The FE element could perhaps come
in two flavours: edit and view mode.

Masi