[Typo3-dev] Porting mediaWiki to TYPO3?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jan 27 11:32:25 CET 2005

Hi Martin,

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:

> What kind of content elements do you allow on those pages? All, some or
> only a special wiki element? Recently we had a discussion on the list
> about a wiki style RTE, though for BE.

The idea was to first get everything running with normal text elements and
then implement the wiki style features. So this is actually a part where we
can share work!

> In this context I see (for the first time) some value in a wiki RTE.
>
> Just an idea:
>
> How about making an extension that contains a wiki I/O lib, and a
> content element for BE and FE editing. The FE element could perhaps come
> in two flavours: edit and view mode.

Well, the idea was to not have a special content element because we don't
want convert it and it should work without the wiki extension. So what we
could think about is using some special Flexible Content Element?

On the other hand there is nothing a wiki can do which a text with image
element can't do, right?

What we need is the wiki RTE you've been talking about. That basically would
have some special transformations to make sure everything in the database
is TYPO3-conform.

--
robert