[Typo3-dev] 3.8 and bugs

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Tue Jan 18 21:16:10 CET 2005

> For the last releases, Stucki and I mostly did the bug-fixing, helped by
> a few people from the community.
> However, I don't have much spare time at the moment, so I obviously
> can't work much on bug-fixing. So if anyone feels like doing something
> good for TYPO3, just go ahead and verify, assign, and fix bugs.
>
> Just write a mail to Stucki or me and we'll grant you more access on
> bugs.typo3.org.

Yes, mostly the fixing of bugs from the bugtracker is outsourced to the
community while people like me tend to spend time on larger coherent
development tasks. This means as Ingmar points out that everyone can
help to analyze and fix the issues we have.

Yet of course the final solutions applied in the core must be
recommended by someone I trust to have a fairly large understanding of
TYPO3s inner workings (in order to minimize the chance of new bugs
introduced). Stucki and Ingmar is on my list there but there is room for
more to prove themselves worthy.
(Another important thing that scores high is that IF Stucki and Ingmar
make mistakes I know they usually correct them within hours!)

- kasper