[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sat Jan 15 10:31:08 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> Hi,
> I think it would be more flexible when the conversion is done in the
> backend, because every user could choose how to edit things, some could
> use the normal <typolist> tags, others could use *, and even others
> could use [list], in the same content elements.

Ahhhh!

This will result in chaos. I'm all for giving users a chouce but this
goes too far. While there might be some value in not using the RTE, I
certainly don't want the site to be edited on a per user basis like that.

I'm happy if all my users are trained properly. If they all use the same
system they can help each other.

And I think that the proper apporach is to improve the RTEs not to add
some fancy pseudo STEs ("simple text editing").

Masi