[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Sat Jan 15 04:32:23 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> I think it would be more flexible when the conversion is done in the
> backend, because every user could choose how to edit things

A categorical "No"!

Not the editor chooses how he edits text, the admin chooses that.

This is because at this time it is not possible to make a secure and
consistent configuration what is allowed and what not.
My hidden agenda introducing this wiki-style thing was, to provide a text
area which allows for a secure input environment with only the most
important content-related formattings.

If at any time it will be possible in Typo3 to define which tags with which
attributes and which classes are allowed in which combination and if this is
consitently transferred to the RTE, then it's the right time to introduce
different possibilities of text input - all of them respecting the
configuration of allowed formats.