[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Fri Jan 14 15:59:21 CET 2005

Hi seb,

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
> Hi,
> I think it would be more flexible when the conversion is done in the
> backend, because every user could choose how to edit things, some could
> use the normal <typolist> tags, others could use *, and even others
> could use [list], in the same content elements. I wouldn't create a new
> content element, I would rather modify the output in the backend of the
> text content element by using a "converter" function.
> What do you think of this idea?

not sure... just putting in some unorganized braindump...

we have a content-element tt_content.text

why not add something like tt_content.wiki_text and make it some
TS,objTS or USER Object(you have the chioce).

then you already have an "onChange" event that will reload the for
whenever a user decides to change a content element form text to
wiki_text or something else.
During this reload there is a chance to grasp a hook in tcemain/tsdb
whatsoever an get the stuff converted in the db as necessary.

to me it seems that the standard content-elements tt_content.text
tt_content.textpic et al are already kind of overloaded with Typoscript
so I would rather see an extra content-element and not another option
that needs to be applied to tt_content.text.

That would be the imho easiest and most clean approach.

Have fun,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag