[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at mokka.at
Fri Jan 14 15:03:39 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:

> Maybe there are already some hooks to modify the contents of a TCEFORM
> before it is saved into the database and before it is displayed.

As far as I could follow your postings I don't see it necessary to modify
TCEFORMs for that. You will just need a simple textarea input field in the
backend.

And what you will need of cource is a FE function that parses your special
field and generates the HTML with the special functions (*) converted to their
repsective meanings (<li> for example)

so the main thing you will need is some special frontend rendering.

greets,
Bernhard
Bernhard Kraft
<kraftb at mokka.at>