[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Fri Jan 14 14:33:07 CET 2005

Hi,
yeah thats exactly what I thought. You click a radiobox at a (backend)
text field "Use wiki style" or "use phpbb style", and then the form is
reloaded with the content converted to PHPbb/wiki style for editing.
This would be the most user-friendly and flexible approach in my opinion.
For the wiki, normal TCEForms are used there (the front end editing
features of TYPO3), so if you implement such a "switch" in the backend,
it should work without any configuration in the frontend as well.

Maybe there are already some hooks to modify the contents of a TCEFORM
before it is saved into the database and before it is displayed.

Sebastian