[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Jan 14 14:00:27 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> Hi,
> at first the wiki extension will use the "normal" Typo3 content
> elements, and the normal markup, without using wiki-related code (like
> *). Maybe somebody else could do an extension for that "wiki-code",
> which can be used in the frontend and backend as well? I think this
> would be the most flexible way, because it would work without the wiki
> extension then, too.

You mean some general transformation routine? Well, I think that
phpBB-like formatting would be more or less easy.

But a wiki needs more than this. It has to support WIKI linking. And
perhaps some general linking as well.

Would it make sense to create one routine with enough
hooks/configurations for forums and wikis?

Masi