[Typo3-dev] Deactivating Backend Modules

Martin Poelstra martin at beryllium.net
Wed Jan 12 16:18:41 CET 2005

Hi all,

How about giving Front-end-editing another shot? I developed a site for a
primary school, where the teachers don't even have access to the backend:
they only work with front-end editing (which I extended a little).
The advantage of Front-end editing is the 'familiarity' with the site's
look&feel (maybe the backend-editor can also make use of the Stylesheets
that are already defined for the (Frontend) site?) and the easy navigation
through the site. It's more the WYSIWYG-way.
The disadvantage is ofcourse that the functionality of the carefully-crafted
backend-modules can't easily be rivalled by the more limited ways of editing
presentable in the frontend.
Maybe some sort of popup-window, or maybe even displaying the whole site in
a frame might be an option? In this popup (or frame) one could present
buttons like: "Create new page" or "Edit pageheader" etc...
Just some quick ideas, maybe someone gets better ideas by reading these?

Grtz,
Martin