[Typo3-dev] Scripting in TYPO3

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Feb 25 20:10:17 CET 2005

dan frost wrote:
> I want to draw attention to this idea - who would like to do scripting
> in TYPO3?
>
> E.g.
>
> <typo-action-script>
> action.10 = COPY
> action.10 {
>   from = {page : id}
>   to = 0
> }
> //etc...
> </typo-action-script>
> (ok - we can call it something else)
> dan

Hi Dan,

after the very cool ObjTS, this is another
I-wonder-if-that-was-ever-intended-to-be-possible-with-TS thing ;)

To your approach, I see (and I'm only starting to think about it) some
issues:

1. Is the TS syntax good enough for the task (after all the years I am
still not sure whether I like it)? It it too verbose to put through the
net, does it have the syntactical and functional features to make
scripting flexible and concise?
The above outline looks a lot heavier than: cp_record(src,target,tt_content)

2. Are there tested and trusted alternatives? Vimscript and Lisp are
unlikely candidates, but there may be some. And it's better to check for
them now than later.

Greetings,
Michael