[Typo3-dev] Scripting in TYPO3

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 19:43:10 CET 2005

I want to draw attention to this idea - who would like to do scripting
in TYPO3?

E.g.

<typo-action-script>
action.10 = COPY
action.10 {
   from = {page : id}
   to = 0
}
//etc...
</typo-action-script>
(ok - we can call it something else)
dan

<snip>
dan frost wrote:

 > I am interested in this because I see it as a way of making
administration of TYPO3 easier for developers. Browsers are rubbish.

Yeah, browsers suck, and too much in TYPO3 is only possible by clicking
here and there, probably repeated as often as needed. This makes
automating things impossible, so for the devs and admins we need a
complete COMMAND LINE INTERFACE! (whether locally through a shell or
with XML-RPC. Actually, I could do xml-rpc over localhost...)

There you get your offline mode: make the changes, save the script, run
the script on the server or through the net, done.

Making TYPO3 scriptable is really something I'd like to see.

Just another 2cent,
Michael
</snip>