[Typo3-dev] Project proposal: TypoG

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Feb 24 15:44:49 CET 2005

Hi!

Even more, Eclipse is a very nice and easy platform for generating custom
GUI. Much easier than any C++ development (I known what I am saying: I spent
over 7 years wring GUI with OWL and than MFC). Now Eclipse is widely used
for Rich Client Platform (RCP) applications in many projects.

Check these links:
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/viewArticle/ViewArticle2.html
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-RCP-1/tutorial1.html

A sample application (web browser) exists. Here is a screenshot:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-ui-home/rcp/examples/browser/browser.jpg

To run this demo follow instructions here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-ui-home/rcp/index.html

If someone is going to start GUI project, Eclipse is a right way!

Dmitry.