[Typo3-dev] Project proposal: TypoG

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Feb 24 16:16:44 CET 2005

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Even more, Eclipse is a very nice and easy platform for generating custom
> GUI. Much easier than any C++ development (I known what I am saying: I spent
> over 7 years wring GUI with OWL and than MFC). Now Eclipse is widely used
> for Rich Client Platform (RCP) applications in many projects.

I just must say it: I don't like Eclipse.

I saw this presentation of Eclipse on the tour and it was a mess (whoever hold this
talk please don't take this personally - it was not your fault). Eclipse hanged/exited
three our four times without a glimpse.

I must also say: I don't know Java, but C++

I think C++ is quite faster than Java altough I was impressed by the speed of Eclipse ...

Another point would be that if we build TypoG with RCP we would need (almost) the complete
Eclipse source ... i think.

I would prefer a lightweight, specifically designed application.

One of the most important reasons for me to code such a GUI would be that it is faster
than editing over the Web (Click-wait2seconds, click-wait2seconds). If this advantage is
taken away by using a little bit slower technology (Java) it would be a great loss for TypoG

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard