[Typo3-dev] css_styled_content - anything upcoming?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Feb 22 11:36:53 CET 2005

Andreas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> Hi Martin and all who is accessibility and xhtml interested,
>
> [crosspost to acessibility and rte ng]
>
> Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
>
>> For accessibility I think I create a new extension
>> (accessible_content). So we can have new fields like alt-attribute
>> etc. Plus it will perhaps be necessary to step away from
>> backwards-compatibility.
>>
>> I'm uncertain if accessible_content shall depend on
>> css_styled_content. It's easier to build on, than to start from
>> scratch, but I really don't care for all those IMHO deprectaed options
>> like colors, etc.
>
> I am not shure if it is a smart way to start yet another fork. CSC is
> already a very nice and wide used platform wich needs only some tuning.

I'm not sure either (see my post).

> My approach would be, to make a couple of constants wich will control
> via TS-conditions the appropriate mode: xhtml_trans, xhtml_strict,
> xhtml11, accessibility etc. (a la cSet default). This would leave the
> whole thing 100% backwards compatible, add almost all modes and provide
> only some lines of new code instead of fully new rendering concept.

But we'd have an incredible number of options (via constants). Doesn't
look too exciting to me. Anyway wouldn't really start form scratch. Just
copy the code and weed out all the stuff.

> Another problem is the old school code in CSC (tables, cleargifs and so
> on), wich causes also from tslib_content. There are also a couple of
> real bugs like the form bug, wich is not xhtml compliant at all. Bugs
> must be corrected. For old school things we could create an extension
> like accessible_content as a first step, then integrate this
> alternative(!) rendering in tslib_content as second step.

Yes, but that's only partial related to css_styled_content. For
tslib_content (and friends) I suggest that we file all XHTML compliancy
bugs on the bug tracker. These issues should be addressed there.

This is also true for accessibility stuff in tslib_content.

css_styled_content shall not be some magic cloak that covers core defects.

> A very big part in the accessibility issue is the RTE. Is there a
> possibility to create a button for rtehtmlarea, wich only encloses a
> word in a tag? [-> <q>citate</q>] Or provides a possibility to define an
> attribute eg. for acronyms, abbreviations, language changes, addresses
> and all this stuff?

It can be done I think even for the classic RTE, but certainly for htmlarea.

Masi