[Typo3-dev] css_styled_content - anything upcoming?

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf.no.spam at artplan21.de
Tue Feb 22 11:19:53 CET 2005

Hi Martin and all who is accessibility and xhtml interested,

[crosspost to acessibility and rte ng]

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> For accessibility I think I create a new extension (accessible_content).
> So we can have new fields like alt-attribute etc. Plus it will perhaps
> be necessary to step away from backwards-compatibility.
>
> I'm uncertain if accessible_content shall depend on css_styled_content.
> It's easier to build on, than to start from scratch, but I really don't
> care for all those IMHO deprectaed options like colors, etc.

I am not shure if it is a smart way to start yet another fork. CSC is
already a very nice and wide used platform wich needs only some tuning.

My approach would be, to make a couple of constants wich will control
via TS-conditions the appropriate mode: xhtml_trans, xhtml_strict,
xhtml11, accessibility etc. (a la cSet default). This would leave the
whole thing 100% backwards compatible, add almost all modes and provide
only some lines of new code instead of fully new rendering concept.

Another problem is the old school code in CSC (tables, cleargifs and so
on), wich causes also from tslib_content. There are also a couple of
real bugs like the form bug, wich is not xhtml compliant at all. Bugs
must be corrected. For old school things we could create an extension
like accessible_content as a first step, then integrate this
alternative(!) rendering in tslib_content as second step.

A very big part in the accessibility issue is the RTE. Is there a
possibility to create a button for rtehtmlarea, wich only encloses a
word in a tag? [-> <q>citate</q>] Or provides a possibility to define an
attribute eg. for acronyms, abbreviations, language changes, addresses
and all this stuff?

What do you mean?

grtx

Andreas