[Typo3-dev] css_styled_content - anything upcoming?

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf.no.spam at artplan21.de
Tue Feb 22 13:03:03 CET 2005

Martin T. Kutschker schrieb:

>> My approach would be, to make a couple of constants wich will control
>> via TS-conditions the appropriate mode: xhtml_trans, xhtml_strict,
>> xhtml11, accessibility etc. (a la cSet default). This would leave the
>> whole thing 100% backwards compatible, add almost all modes and
>> provide only some lines of new code instead of fully new rendering
>> concept.
>

> But we'd have an incredible number of options (via constants). Doesn't
> look too exciting to me.

OK, may be it brings some more overhead. I not sure also if it the best way.

> Anyway wouldn't really start form scratch. Just
> copy the code and weed out all the stuff.

Please not from scratch ;-)
Anyway, another possibility: in tt_news there are two alternative
templates, right? In CSC extension we could give the normal
css_styled_content template plus the addon-templates like xhtml_trans,
xhtml_strict, accessibility wich could be combined.

> For
> tslib_content (and friends) I suggest that we file all XHTML compliancy
> bugs on the bug tracker. These issues should be addressed there.

Yes, the bug tracker is the right place. But: wich xhtml version? there
are already 4 xhtml versions in current use, xhtml2.0 is on the way. How
we can handle them all? If we try to catch the middle thing of them,
TYPO3 will never be standard compliant. I think - we could get it with
choosable addons / tunings on existing templates. For this purpose we
may be should bring more abstraction in tslib - transfer the (almost)
all (x)html in TS? Or at least make it possible, to disable the standard
xhtml code in tslib?

> This is also true for accessibility stuff in tslib_content.
>
> css_styled_content shall not be some magic cloak that covers core defects.

yes, but it is the mainstream platform today and should be as standard
compliant as possible for itself

grtx

Andreas

p.s. sorry for evtl. bad english :)