[Typo3-dev] No output from selfmade extension

Joshua Preston jpreston at americatab.com
Wed Feb 16 17:47:30 CET 2005

vibeke,

I had a similar problem and it was because the location of my template
was hard coded, not a resource.  Check that maybe?

Joshua Preston.

Vibeke Bertelsen wrote:

> Hi there,
> I made a small frontend extension for serving banners from our banner
> system. I developed and tested it on a testing server where everything
> works fine, but now on the live server, when I insert the plug-in on a
> page on my site, I get no output at all.
>
> When installing I get no errors. I've checked the file permissions.
> I've tried inserting an echo statement directly in the pi1.php. On the
> dev server it is printed on the live server it isn't.
>
> The only output I get is this:
>
> <!--  Plugin inserted: [begin] -->
>
> <!--  Plugin inserted: [end] -->
>
> Any ideas how to trace this error is appreciated. I'm kinda stuck here.
>
> best regards
> -Vibeke Bertelsen

Joshua Preston
Network Administrator
AmericaTAB, Ltd.
jpreston at americatab.com

-

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong
and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a
thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually
turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed.