[Typo3-dev] Writing a DTD for T3DataStructure simply not possible

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 15 21:33:34 CET 2005

Hi Sven & Martin,

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:

> The T3DataStructure has IMHO the problem that it seems to be created
> ad-hoc, ie to fullfill a certain task at once. It has not the air of a
> carful created XML application, but the one of a makeshift tool. Not
> beautiful but it does what its creators wanted).

I guess that is true.

> But I fear it's too late now. Probably too many extensions rely on the
> current structure, so that there will be an unwillingness to change it.
> It'll break existing code and it will endanger stability of current dev
> code on CVS - as it would matter...
>
> So do we have enough benefit to justify the troubles?

I don't think that it is too late discussing the strengths and weaknesses
and think about an improved application. That might also include not
working with arrays at all and using something like SimpleXML instead.

I'd say let's discuss it and depeding on the results we can think about a
solution. Maybe it's not that hard as we think ...

--
robert