[Typo3-dev] Writing a DTD for T3DataStructure simply not possible

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Tue Feb 15 22:09:50 CET 2005

Hi Robert,

> I don't think that it is too late discussing the strengths and weaknesses
> and think about an improved application. That might also include not
> working with arrays at all and using something like SimpleXML instead.
>
> I'd say let's discuss it and depeding on the results we can think about a
> solution. Maybe it's not that hard as we think ...

One way for optimization would be something like an RFC for the
T3DataStructure.

* Where do you want to use the structure?
* What elements do you think you need for that (could be possible an
   oo-model that will be transfered to a DTD)?
   The oo-model has the sence that the model could be reviewed in several
   step before implementing anything.
* What attributes are necessary for the elements?

As I wrote in the initial post.

If the knowhow of the technical solution is present, it's possible to
design it. Writing a DT D is not hard, it's quiet easy, writing Schema
is much harder, so just use a DTD.

Also if the solution is clean, it's easy to integrate the multilanguage
support, eg. by
<label lang="ISOCODE">value</lang>
<media lang="ISOCODE" type="xx" and so on></media>

Do we want to gather the informations for that structure and the usecases?

Greets Sven