[Typo3-dev] class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Feb 14 23:29:16 CET 2005

>Background information:
>
>I'm generally in favour of a high respect for backwards compatibility.
>I'm aware this is an opinion of mine, but someone has to outline a
>policy and its not unfair to let it be me doing that.
>
>My strict backwards compatibility policy:
>Pros: Stability, less time spend on old code

Agreed...

>Cons: Inconsistency piling up, being confusing for newcomers and looking
>messy in general.

Also agreed... me as a newcomer as 'problems' finding the right function
of old once existed....

maby the best way to do it to add a devlog call to the depreciated
function and call the new API to.
So we as developers can see what extentions are using old API's AND if I
am using a depreciated function at all...

So instead of these available devlog options it might bake sence to make
a otherone like 'fdepreciated'
to log all usage of depreciated functions.

Cheers,
Ries