[Typo3-dev] class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Mon Feb 14 22:51:18 CET 2005

Background information:

I'm generally in favour of a high respect for backwards compatibility.
I'm aware this is an opinion of mine, but someone has to outline a
policy and its not unfair to let it be me doing that.

My strict backwards compatibility policy:
Pros: Stability, less time spend on old code
Cons: Inconsistency piling up, being confusing for newcomers and looking
messy in general.

A more open approach that prioritizes consistency and renewal:
Pros: The code is continually renewed, kept "consistent"
Cons: A lot of resources will be spend continuously to update code to
new APIs, stability will suffer, there will be more continuous
frustration among users and developers on the short hand; typical Open
Source mess.

What you prefer will depend on your personality.

- kasper